POST DENTAL EXTRACTION INSTRUCTIONS
The following steps should help minimize post-operative pain:
- Strenuous exercise is best avoided for a few hours.
- Do not rinse the mouth for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours a hot salt water mouthwash after meals should help healing by flushing out bacteria and food debris from the tooth socket area. It is also thought to encourage the blood circulation around the wound site.
- If bleeding does not stop apply pressure to the wound. E.g. roll up a clean handkerchief. Place this on the bleeding point and bite firmly on it for 5-10 minutes, longer if necessary. These can scour denture surfaces.
- Avoid alcohol and hard or chewy foods for the first few days. Gradually return your eating habits to normal. Start brushing your teeth normally again if possible.
- Any pain or soreness can be relieved by taking a pain relieving preparation such as nurofen, paracetamol or aspirin. These are best taken after food. Check the labels or consult your pharmacist first.
- If problems develop don't be afraid to contact us again.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US OR VISIT OUR INTERNET ADDRESS:-
Family Dental Practice